French driver sets record in Hunan
A French driver finished an 11-kilometer zigzag road on Tianmen Mountain, Hunan province in less than eight minutes during a car race on Monday, setting a record for events held on the mountain.
Romain Dumas completed the 99-turn course in 7.38585 minutes in an electric car.
The course in Tianmen Mountain, also known as Heaven's Gate, is complex and highly demanding.
Dumas' lowest speed was 20 kilometers per hour while negotiating the course's narrowest bend with a turning radius of just six meters, while his highest speed reached over 200 kilometers per hour.
- Xi calls for remembering where 'red political power' comes from
- China's top legislature reviews state honors decision
- Longevity, high-quality mark new trends of China's demographic shifts
- Lam vows to hold first dialogue in HK next week
- First snow comes early to northern city in Heilongjiang
- Beijing promises stronger fight against ozone depletion